Sunday, September 26, 2010

What a good trip!

Hi, there!
I was so happy with our Bangkok trip. Thanks to FT who handled the local arrangements with the MOE and the travel agency. I actually had to only deal with the overseas linkages! Anyway, thank God, I had wonderful people in the persons of KS and MS who helped me so much. They were like friends that I have known for years.
The visit to VC and SSRU were just wonderful. I am lost for words to describe how hospitable the Thais are. Everything was arranged well for us which shows the efforts that they have put in to make our visit so good. All of us, both teachers and students brought home sweet memories. What is important for me is the linkages that we have built between SGGS with VC and SSRU. I sincerely hope that these linkages will move onto a higher level of having student exchange programmes!
On the personal side, I took the opportunity to meet up with CYI when the students were at the theme park. CYI was conducting a course on O&M at the RC, MU for nurses under the MOH, Thailand. He took the opportunity to get me to talk about Early Intervention for the Blind! I truly had to earn my lunch at MU . It was good spending the day with CYI catching up with the latest news about our Thai friends and consultants based in Thailand. He insisted that I must see his house and make it my "hotel" on my next visit to Thailand. Well, I missed going with them to the rural areas for training as I had to leave on 18 Sept! Perhaps I am able to join them the coming year 2011.
There are 4 albums on this trip and more are coming in. I have uploaded all in my FB account.
Well, the next trip is to New Delhi, India. Taj Mahal, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment